Undergraduate and Graduate Students; Postdoctoral Fellows
The following students held NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) under my supervision.
- Jerrod Smith. Classical and nonclassical randomness in quantum measurements. 2011
- Chris Ramsey. Classical groups: algebraic, topological, and differentiable structure. Geometric and topological aspects of operator
algebras. 2006 and 2007
- Shawn McCann. Means in singular values and traces. Injective operator systems and quantum channels. 2004 and 2006
- Ashley Mang. Quantum information theory. 2005
- Sarah Wist. Means in singular values and traces. Quantum information theory. 2004 and 2005
- Thomas Schonhoffer. Trigonometric polynomials. 2003
(Co-supervision with Juliana Erlijman)
- Barbara Pidkowich. Algebra and spectral theory
over quaternions. 2002 and 2001
- Yan Zhao. Algebraic computations involving Toeplitz matrices.
- Jason Stein.
of Fourier coefficients of bounded functions
on the circle. 1999
- Susan Cooper. Finite-dimensional algebras. 1999
- Jason McLaren. Spectral theory. 1998
- Robert Reynoldson. Centralizers of commutative matrix algebras. 1995
- I. Andrew Affleck. Numerical radii of multigraphs. 1993
- Angshuman Bhattacharya. PhD in progress.
- Sadia Mwangangi. PhD in progress. (Co-supervision with
- Abdullah Al-Ahmari. PhD 2010. Tracial and rank equivalence of representations in von Neumann algebras.
- Supranee Lisawadi. PhD 2008. Two-sided Birnbaum-Suanders and inverse Gaussian distributions(Co-supervision with
- Mahmoud Manjegani, PhD 2003. Inequalities in operator algebras
- Renying Zeng, PhD 2002. Young's inequality in compact operators
(Co-supervision with Juliana Erlijman).
- Hongding Zhou, PhD 1998.
in spaces of completely positive maps.
- Shawn McCann. MSc 2008. Equivalent forms of the Connes embedding problem.
- Farej Omer. MSc 2007. Similarity and reductivity in operator theory.
- Fei Zhou (NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow). PhD 2004, University of Calgary, Canada. 2004-2006
- In Hyoun Kim. (KOSEF Postdoctoral Fellow). PhD 2001, Sung
Kyun Kwan University, Korea. 2001-2002
- Mark Krupnik. PhD 1994, Technion, Israel. (Co-supervision with
M Tsastomeros, and
S Kirkland.) 1994-1996
Last updated on 22 August 2011
to return to the homepage of Doug Farenick.